Sexual abuse is any sexual act that a person did not consent to or is forced into against their will, including unsafe sex and degrading sexual activity.
Forms of sexual abuse include;
- Torture of a person in a sexual manner
- Forced acts of any kind including kissing and groping
- Preventing someone from using contraception
- Unwanted sexual attention such as sexual name calling
- Demanding sex
- Treating you as a sexual object
- Making you wear clothes you haven’t chosen to
- Hurting someone during a sexual act
- Making someone watch or appear in pornography against their will
Forced sex by a spouse or intimate partner is still sexual abuse and rape.