The executive board for the South Yorkshire Violence Reduction Unit oversees the work that they do. The board is chaired by South Yorkshire Police and Crime Commissioner Dr Alan Billings.
The executive board includes representatives from all four South Yorkshire local authorities;
- Sheffield City Council, Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Doncaster Metropolitan Borough Council and Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.
- Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner
- South Yorkshire Police
- Public Health England
- Clinical commissioning groups; Barnsley Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS Doncaster Clinical Commissioning Group, Sheffield Clinical Commissioning Group and Rotherham Clinical Commissioning Group.
- NHS Safeguarding representatives
- National Probation Service
- Community Rehabilitation company
- Department for Work and Pensions
- Youth Offending Teams
- Education sector representatives
- Community, Faith and Voluntary sector representatives
All plans issued go to the Executive Board for discussion and approval; however, all partners know that community voices and ideas are central to preventing and reducing violence in South Yorkshire.
This video gives an insight on The South Yorkshire Violence Reduction Unit and our Executive Board,
To read more about the partners, see here, Partners.