Coercive control is a pattern of intimidation, degradation, isolation and control with the use or threat of physical or sexual violence.
This can be used to make an individual dependent by isolating them from support, exploiting them, depriving them of independence and monitoring everyday their behaviour.
Some behaviours indicating coercive control can be;
- Making threats or intimidating you
- Humiliating, degrading and dehumanising you
- Monitoring your time, including your online communication
- Monitoring where you can go, who you can see, what you wear and when you can sleep
- Depriving your access to support services, including medial services